Massachusetts Production Coalition is pleased to announce twenty-two nominees elected to serve on the Board of Directors for the term beginning May 1st 2018.
- Laura Azevedo - Executive Director; Filmmakers Collaborative
- Andrew Bell - Managing Director; Brickyard VFX
- Chris Byers - Director of Marketing and Operations; New England Studios
- John Cini - President; High Output
- Bestor Cram - Creative Director; Northern Light Productions
- Joan Debow - East Coast Director of Client Services; ART Payroll
- Brian Drewes - CEO / Co-founder; Zero VFX
- Bill Goodell - Independent Executive Content Producer & Consultant
- Lyda Kuth - Executive Director; LEF Foundation
- Eran Lobel - CEO / Executive Producer; ELEMENT
- John MacNeil - Managing Partner; Greenfield Production Services
- Charles Merzbacher - Professor; Boston University Dept of Film & TV
- Susan Gorvine Nelson - Executive Director; SAG-AFTRA New England
- Chris O'Donnell - Business Manager; IATSE Local 481
- Keith Orlowsky - SVP, Head of Content Boston and Detroit Region; Digitas LBi
- Don Packer - Owner / Editor; EngineRoomEdit
- Angela Peri - Founder / Casting Director; Boston Casting
- Marcy Perry - Manager Integrated Production; Bose
- Chad Robinson - Principal; Kevin P. Martin & Associates
- John Rule - President; Rule Boston Camera
- Margie Sullivan - Director of Operations; The Client Relationship Consultancy
- Sara Ventetuolo - Director of Production; MMB
Six new individuals join the board of directors. They are: Andrew Bell (Managing Director, Brickyard VFX), Brian Drewes (CEO / Co-founder, Zero VFX), Keith Orlowsky (SVP, Head of Content Boston and Detroit Region, Digitas LBi), Marcy Perry (Group Manager, Integrated Production & Creative Services, Bose), Chad Robinson (Principal, Kevin P. Martin & Associates), and Sara Ventetuolo (Director of Production, MMB). Representing a significant depth of new leadership, we hope MPC Members and the broader community will support them as they grow into their role as stewards.
"We are thrilled with the enthusiasm of the well-rounded slate of industry leaders willing to serve on the board and the significant expertise they bring from distinct parts of the industry," states MPC's President Bill Goodell. "With their stewardship we are confident MPC is positioned to advance bold initiatives that support growth of the region's film and media industries, create new resources for our membership, and facilitate economic and cultural opportunities in the Commonwealth."
The following current board members are departing for the new term: John Doucet (Producer / Director), Barry Frechette (Director of Creative Services, Connelly Partners), David Lombardi (Executive Producer), Dona Sommers, Sarah Spitz (Executive Producer), and Susan Walsh (Executive Director, Center for Independent Documentary). We are incredibly grateful for the significant dedication they have brought to MPC's mission though their service and look forward to their continued active participation in the organization in numerous capacities.
We would also like to take a moment to specially recognize founding MPC board member Dona Sommers who will retire her position for the coming term. As the former Executive Director of SAG-AFTRA New England for 18 years, she has been a tireless advocate for the industry and creative economy throughout her esteemed career. Dona has served on the MPC board's Advocacy & Public Policy Committee since its founding, and as Secretary of the board for 11 years. Her complete dedication has been essential to our industry's growth, and the success of MPC's mission to foster these initiatives would not have been possible without her commitment and leadership. We look forward to continuing to rely on Dona's expertise as an advisor and her enthusiastic participation in MPC's community.
We would like to acknowledge and thank the Board Nominating Committee for their work; Noreen Breslin-Moross (Chair), Susan Walsh, and Bonnie Waltch.